Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tick Tock



They say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. Mine are apparently over. Can you hear the tick ticking of the clock?

I did a cut and paste of my little blog about lettuce the other day on Cnn's Ireport site and mayhem ensued. Literally 1 minute after I posted it 34 people had viewed it. Press Refresh. 85 people viewed it. Press Refresh again...120 people. What the?

About an hour later I...little ol' me...gets a phone call from CNN!! They talked about ME on air!!! I'm famous. I was on the homepage of cnn.com all day.

I know. I'm a dork, but it is kind of cool to have all these people reading what I have to say! I mean I was voted "most newsiest"! I got messages from people asking how I got my report on air!

Two days later, I still rank as #2 for most read. Although I have apparently lost my lead to the apparent UFO siting over Phoenix. Stupid aliens!

But. Alas.

So far my $1.69 lettuce has received 10,170 views, 180 comments.

Take a look. Who knows how long I'll be left on there!

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-13734

5 comments:

Mme Piggy said...

You inspire outrage! Lamenting Lettuce!

MegFordice said...

They talked about you on air??? Not fair!

Irene I.P. said...

Ha! I just checked and I'm still ranked #3!

I also have been named an Ireport Superstar. I can't handle the pressure! I'm going to have to think of something smart to say as my come back. Alas. I free that I have peaked though.

MegFordice said...

Where are your updates? Where are your pictures? And you call yourself a blogger.

Super Squirrel said...

Yawn. Updates, please